TEXTALU® E is a thin wall glass fibre braid made of glass fibres with heat-reflecting aluminium coating. Its reflecting surface guarantees that the protective sleeve made of this high-performance material maintains a nearly constant interior temperature even under strongly fluctuating ambient temperatures. This non-ductile braid sleeve is ideal for protecting lines, cables and cable sets against radiation heat.
|Order code||Interior diameter (mm)||Wall thickness nom. (mm)|
- Temperature range: -40 °C to +220 °C (intermittent +350 °C)
- Reflects radiation heat
- Equalises under strongly fluctuating temperatures
- Form as supplied: alternatively in cut lengths according to customer desires
- Colours: Standard: aluminium (-8)
- Flexibility: good, even at negative temperature values
- Continuous operating temperature: -40 °C to +220 °C
- Peak temperature: +350 °C (intermittent)
- Temperature resistance of the glass-fibre braid: +550 °C without coating
- Heat radiation resistance, reflecting: Can be determined for each application (test method: ΔT-measurement)
- Burning behaviour: flame-proof, self-extinguishing as per Type A
- Resistance to ageing: 3000 hours at 190 °C
- Material: asbestos-free
Thermal protection and bundling of cable sets, lines, conductors and sleeves/hoses in industrial and automotive area and in transport sector.
Cut to length with standard cutting tools. For optimal fixation and a clean end-seal of the mounted sleeves, we recommend our self-welding RUBAN silicon tape.